OUTreach Southern Alberta is committed to working together with local organizations and businesses to foster inclusion and establish equity throughout our community. Our Community Education Program aims to illuminate LGBTTQ+ issues and foster growth and understanding by providing a comprehensive in-service program for local organizations and businesses.
The Community Education Program has two main components; the first focuses on LGBTTQ+ terminology and language, clarifying terms and providing a space for discussion about sexual orientation and gender identity. The second component is tailored to suit the needs of your organization. Examples of topics that can be discussed in sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Fostering inclusive workplaces
- Developing welcoming and inclusive family spaces
- Establishing Gay Straight/Queer Straight Alliances in your community
- Creating safe community spaces
- Developing ally practices
- Diversity in support services
- Modelling inclusive communities
- LGBTTQ+ needs in health care
For more information on how we can tailor a Community Education Program session to your organization, or to book a session, please fill out the form below or contact us at email@example.com. OUTreach asks that organizations consider a donation for each Community Education Program session; suggested donation $100/hour. Your donations allow us to create additional programming and support the local LGBTTQ+ community. OUTreach gratefully accepts donations on a sliding scale.