The OUTreach Southern Alberta Society responds to the needs of the local and the broader lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, two-spirit, and queer (LGBTTQ) community of Lethbridge and the surrounding area by supplying resources, education and opportunities to foster self-determination, civic engagement and community participation.
- Provides a broad range of community, social, educational and recreational services and programs;
- Supports community capacity building and community development through programs, volunteerism and community engagement;
- Is responsive to the community through identifying evolving community, social, educational and recreational needs and developing ways of meeting them;
- Supports community participation, through membership and the election of the Board of Directors; and
- Works in partnership with community organizations, local businesses, community groups and community members to provide accessible services that improve community well being.
- Provide effective programs that meet the needs of the local and broader LGBTTQ communities
- Create equitable, supportive, welcoming environments for the community, volunteers and the board
- Promote a positive public profile and provide leadership to enhance our communities
- Successfully advocate on issues that are relevant to our community
- Establish a broad stable resource base in order to be able to effectively support the community.
- Recognize and celebrate our diversity and our history
- Respect and value the principles of equity, inclusion and the dignity of all
- Provide programs and services within an anti-oppression social justice framework
- Ensure we are secular and non-partisan
- Fearlessly act with integrity, creativity and vision.
The OUTreach Southern Alberta Society prohibits discrimination and harassment and protects the right to be free of hate activity based on age, ancestry, citizenship, creed (religion), colour, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender identity, level of literacy, marital status, place of origin, membership in a union or staff association, political affiliation, race, receipt of public assistance, record of offenses, sex, sexual orientation or any other personal characteristics by or within the organization.
2018 BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND STAFF
OUTreach Southern Alberta is a non-profit Society run by a Board of Directors elected by its members.
- President - Stefanie Desrochers (pronouns: she/her)
- Vice President - Shandi Bleiken (pronouns: she/her)
- Treasurer - Wendy Osborn (pronouns: she/her)
- Secretary - Jaisie Walker (pronouns: they/them)
- Membership - Lowell Acorda (pronouns: he/him)
- Director - Jayce Wilson (pronouns: she/her)
- Director - Liz Roberts (pronouns: she/her)
- Director - Adam Saley (pronouns: he/him)
- Community Education Program Coordinator - Tif Semach (pronouns: she/her)